This #1 annual internal medicine and clinical practice guide turns the latest research into improved patient outcomes – now fully updated and revised.
Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insights into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic, you’ll find concise, evidence-based information about hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Here are just a few of the many exciting new additions and updates:
- New information on Zika, dengue, chikungunya, MERS and other infections
- Two new online chapters: Lesbian & Bisexual Women’s Health and Transgender Health & Disease Prevention
- Update on influenza pneumococcal, HPV, and meningococcal vaccines
- Latest information on new therapies for inflammatory bowel disease
- Revised recommendations for cardiovascular prevention methods
- Recent advances in diagnosis and treatment of Clostridium difficile infections
- New FDA approved medications for diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia
- Extensively revised material on alcoholism
- Latest information on treatment options for obesity
- Expanded online Podiatry chapter